Entrades populars

dissabte, 15 de desembre del 2012

Com es diu això?

Ara tinc una nova idea. Vos propos un joc, és un joc més que res. Abaix tinc algunes frases en anglès i qui vol em pot comentar una traducció de l'anglès. Així senzill:

1) “Mates are a waste of fucking time. They are always ready to drag you down tae their level of social, sexual and intellectual mediocrity.”  (Trainspotting)

2) “It had been a pretty damn close shave. I had been so damn lucky I could hardly believe it.” (CK)

3) “They had me pinned against the humid wall of another cheap bar that was closed with a "se trespasa" sign. Yet another bar that had been given up after one season by yet another sad guy who thought that this place here was the land of hope and glory.” (CK)

4) “He emphasised basic truths: you are not dying yet, you have to live your life until you are. Underpinning them was the belief that the grim reality of impending death can be talked away by trying to invest in the present reality of life. I didn’t believe that at the time, but now I do. By definition, you have to live until you die. Better to make that life as complete and enjoyable an experience as possible, in case death is shite, which I suspect it will be.”  (Trainspotting)

5) “I don't want to care. If I care about things, it'll just be worse, it'll just be another thing to worry about. It's less painful if I don't care.”  (Less Than Zero)

6) “I come to a red light, tempted to go through it, then stop once I see a billboard sign that I don’t remember seeing and I look up at it. All it says is 'Disappear Here' and even though it’s probably an ad for some resort, it still freaks me out a little and I step on the gas really hard and the car screeches as I leave the light.”  (Less Than Zero)

7) It's easy to cry when you realize that everyone you love will reject you or die. On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone will drop to zero. (The Fight Club)

8) “Sometimes we have the absolute certainty there's something inside us that's so hideous and monstrous that if we ever search it out we won't be able to stand looking at it. But it's when we're willing to come face to face with that demon that we face the angel.” (Last Exit to Brooklyn)

9) The people you're trying to step on, we're everyone you depend on. We're the people who do your laundry and cook your food and serve your dinner. We make your bed. We guard you while you're asleep. We drive the ambulances. We direct your call. We are cooks and taxi drivers and we know everything about you. We process your insurance claims and credit card charges. We control every part of your life. We are the middle children of history, raised by television to believe that someday we'll be millionaires and movie stars and rock stars, but we won't. And we're just learning this fact . . . So don't fuck with us. (The Fight Club)

10) “Some of my learned colleagues (nameless assholes) have suggested that junk derives its euphoric effect from direct stimulation of the orgasm center. It seems more probable that junk suspends the whole cycle of tension, discharge and rest. The orgasm has no function in the junky. Boredom, which always indicates an undischarged tension, never troubles the addict. He can look at his shoe for eight hours. He is only roused to action when the hourglass of junk runs out.” (Naked Lunch)

2 comentaris:

  1. 7) It's easy to cry when you realize that everyone you love will reject you or die. On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone will drop to zero. (The Fight Club)

    7) Està fàcil a plorar quan t'adones que totes les persones a qui t'estimes moriràn o et rebutjaràn. En relació a una estona prou llarga, la taxa de supervivència per a tothom es reduirà a zero. (Club de Lluita)

    ResponElimina
  2. 10) “Some of my learned colleagues (nameless assholes) have suggested that junk derives its euphoric effect from direct stimulation of the orgasm center. It seems more probable that junk suspends the whole cycle of tension, discharge and rest. The orgasm has no function in the junky. Boredom, which always indicates an undischarged tension, never troubles the addict. He can look at his shoe for eight hours. He is only roused to action when the hourglass of junk runs out.” (Naked Lunch)

    10) “Alguns dels meus col·legas apreses(cabrons sense noms) han suggerit que el cavall deriva el seu efecte d'eufòria a través d'estimulació directa del centre d'orgasme. Sembla més probable que el cavall suspend el complet cicle de tensió, descarrèga i descans. L'orgasme no té efecte en el yonkie. L'avorriment, que sempre indica una tensió que no està descarregada no molesta al yonkie.Es pot veure en la seva sabata durant vuit hores.Només se li va despertar a l'acció quan el rellotge de l'arena s'esgoti.” (Naked Lunch)

    ResponElimina